Given the size of the task of regreening the Earth, no organization can do it alone. Therefore, Spades partners with the best and most innovative partners in the world to plan, finance, implement, and monitor projects. We share with our partners the goal to change the environments and lives of communities and the overall planet.
Spades’ regreening partners include many of the world’s largest growers. As a network, they already regrow most of the trees globally, over 250 million per year. They are organizations that understand the importance of collaborating with communities and delivering co-benefits and that developing economies have their own inherent risk.
Our partners know the local face of communities and governments, smallholder farmers and pastoral peoples, and the geography of the landscape. They have deep local relationships to advance and support projects to accelerate regreening to benefit people, the environment, and economics. Their expert knowledge and unique skills include:
- Growing techniques: Agroforestry, sustainable agriculture, Assisted Natural Regeneration (ANR), Farmer-Managed Natural Regeneration (FMNR)
- Local community needs: Renewable fuel, sustainable wood stocks, fruits, nuts, medicinals, oils
- Ecosystems: Arid land solutions, biodiverse forest habitats, blue carbon, sea trees, grasslands
- Landscape restoration: Natural landscapes destroyed by deforestation, mine recovery, climate change
- Carbon offsets
Spades supports regreening efforts globally with:
- Consulting and planning
- Financing and transparency
- Project management and leadership
Our company is proud to be a part of Initiative 20×20, a country-led effort designed to transform the dynamics of land degradation in Latin America and the Caribbean. Launched at COP 20 in Lima in 2014, the initiative supports the Bonn Challenge and the New York Declaration on Forests, global commitments to restore 350 million hectares of deforested and degraded land by 2030.