The Belize Project:
- Pilot reforesting of coastal mangroves protecting reefs and land
- Launch regenerative agroforestry
- Monitor native forests
The Uganda Project:
- Restore and protect critical habitats
- Improve community resilience
- Use agroforestry and sustainable wood stocks around protected areas
Pipeline Projects (Partial List)
- USA: Restore mining lands in an Eastern mountain range
- Indonesia: Recover mining lands and mangroves
- Zambia: Restore and protect parks in multiple nations
- Philippines: Recover mangrove forests and bamboo
- Malawi: Protect national parks and regenerative agriculture
Unleashing the waiting flood of investment requires derisking afforestation.
High tree mortality has been a persistent challenge.
Spades increases tree survival to improve investor returns, create climate resilience, save habitats, and help communities.
Our projects give returns via carbon offset credits, timber, and agroforestry benefits.
Reforestation is an unprecedented opportunity.
- Trillions of dollars are earmarked for climate change.
- Trees are critical for removing greenhouse gasses already emitted, while forest density creates local climate resilience.
- Tree assets can mature to over 20x costs, enabling investments that achieve over 20% IRR.
- But, projects can be risky, and tree mortality can be high.
Spades’ unique assets help derisk afforestation.
- Biotech selects different local trees and grows them differently.
- Balanced finance drives returns for all stakeholders.
- Global project portfolio is implemented by planting partners who have most of the world’s regreening capacity.
Our vision: Sustain our world with trees by integrating thriving human, environmental, and economic solutions.